Friday 1 June 2012

Welcome

Welcome!  I decided to create this blog for several reasons.  First, I have found that I am much better at keeping more of a journal on my computer, rather than writing in a journal.  Second, after reading a friend's blog post on meditation, I realized how helpful it was to realize how similar our experiences are.  I hear people saying often, "I tried meditating but my mind won't relax."  They had preconceived ideas of what meditation should be, rather than understanding that calming the mind is part of the process, not the starting point.  Third, I wanted to keep a record of my daily observances of myself in the process of self discovery.  It's amazing how each day brings a new insight or reminder and I don't want to forget them.  Finally, sharing my experience, though it can feel scary to be vulnerable, can be helpful to others.  We are all struggling and it's nice to know you aren't alone.  I welcome any thoughts, comments or discussions...this is how we can all grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment